An introduction to the sounds of the RP British Accent
Join me as I guide you through the
correct pronunciation of each of the RP British Accent Sounds over the NEXT 9 WEEKS
The 9 Weeks to a GREAT British accent is a mini video program to help you learn the RP British Accent
What is it?
- This is a unique 9 week program.
- This is a Video course : 45 short videos serialised over the course of 9 Weeks. Accessed through the website Membership portal – log in and click on the Subscriptions link
- On your membership page you will receive 5 short videos each week ( 2 day break after the series of 5 ). Total of 45 videos.
- Each video is around 5 minutes long (so doesn’t overwhelm the viewer with information overload)
- Each video focuses on a single sound : either a Short Vowel, Long Vowel, Diphthongs, Fricatives, Affricates, Semi-vowels, Plosives, Lateral consonant and Nasal Consonants and Plosives sound.
- The course is dedicated to learning the SOUNDS -it does NOT cover any other aspects such as intonation and stress.
PLEASE NOTE: THE VIDEOS ARE RELEASED OVER THE 9 WEEK PERIOD – YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ALL THE VIDEOS AT THE START OF THE COURSE. THE COURSE IS DESIGNED TO FIT IN WITH BUSY LIFESTYLES AND FOLLOWED ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS. IF YOU ARE WANTING A COURSE WHERE ALL THE MATERIAL IS ACCESSIBLE FROM DAY ONE THEN PLEASE CONSIDER THE ULTIMATE RP BRITISH ACCENT LEARNING RESOURCE AS AN ALTERNATIVE.
How can it help?
The course concentrates on mastering each of the different sounds found in the RP accent.
it covers all the different vowel and consonant sounds which are the building blocks to learning a new accent.
you will see how to form each of the sounds by getting the correct placement of your tongue, lips and mouth .
you will hear the correct Received Pronunciation of each of the different sounds
you will see and hear each of the different sounds in common words and sentences.
become aware of some of the common mistakes speakers make and how to avoid them
Who is it for?
This is for anyone who wants to learn how to speak English with a Received Pronunciation accent.
This is for learners who don’t know where to start with their accent training – by viewing focused, single subject videos it takes away the question:
Where do I start?
As each video is released on a schedule you don’t need to make the decision of where to start! Just follow the videos as they become available
This is designed for busy people – each video is around 5 mins long so easy to fit into your busy schedule.
If you like to work towards a deadline, if you like to know there is a beginning, middle and end to your studies – then this course will suit you.
How can I get on the course?
Click on the SIGN UP NOW button, and JOIN NOW!
If you have any problems joining the course or accessing the subscription site email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost?
There is a one-time fee of £25 to purchase the course.
This course is unique : I am not aware of any course currently available that is like this.